Wednesday, November 20, 2013

As it all begins to fall into place...

So I've had a bit of an issue coming up with solutions to some of my issues. ISSUES WHICH I AM NOW REALIZING HOW TO SOLVE!

Problem: How do I deal with the scenes once they begin to fill up too much?
Solution: I zoom out!

Problem: How do I zoom out?
Solution: I make a repeatable image for a background, with "bookends" that all resize as I need it! I HAVE AN EXAMPLE HERE!!!: file:///X:/BFA/garbagesite/index.html (There's a button in the upper right hand corner that I used for debugging this)

This problem also helps me solve the problem how the water and garbage scenes don't look alike, because I'll have to redesign the water scene for this anyway!

I'm getting EXCITED! CAN YOU TELL?! NEXT PROBLEM!!!

Problem: How do I do this resizing thing with the canvas?
Solution: Probably the same way, but I'll have to reset the canvas, and resize the objects in canvas. I might have to do a bit of messing with things, but I'll make it work! I KNOW IT'S POSSIBLE!

Problem: What do I do with the garbage falling? I have the fluid simulator for the other two, but that doesn't work for garbage bags!
Solution: All I have to do is look up a way to simulate gravity with javascript. THERE ARE TONS OF RESOURCES FOR THIS! I FOUND WHAT I NEED IN LIKE FIVE SECONDS! IT'S SO MUCH EASIER THAN THE WATER SIMULATION!! I'll have to figure out how to do collision detection, BUT I KNOW THAT CAN BE DONE! I've seen it!
(example for the gravity: http://codetheory.in/basics-of-implementing-gravity-with-html5-canvas/)

I may be moving much slower than I would like, but I can already tell that things are about to start speeding up very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment