Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More coding

So after far more time spent on it than I'd like to admit, I've realized something about the fluid simulation code I've been toying with:

It's not something I can recode.

It's way too complicated for me to fully understand what it's doing, it utilizes some code that I'm completely unfamiliar with, and if that all wasn't bad enough, it's needlessly confusing code (as in the original programmer didn't clean it up as well as he/she could have).

However, I've also realized that I understand how to manipulate the code well enough to do what I need it to do. There was one specific thing I was trying to get it to do, that I won't be able to get it to do (at least I really don't believe I can), but I don't think it's entirely necessary anyway.

So considering the code was free to use for anything, I should be set on that little side track.


No comments:

Post a Comment