Monday, November 4, 2013

Codeblocks

Currently, I'm trying to get XML (something I can use for my database to make the project work correctly) figured out and trying to dissect the fluid simulation code. Unfortunately, both of these things aren't going so well. I'm going to keep poking at the fluid code, but in the end I think I'm either going to have to mostly include it as is, or try and rewrite the whole thing.

Luckily, we're covering AJAX, XML and soon PHP (read: The stuff I need to make my project work) in one of my classes, so it shouldn't be too hard to get things rolling once I figure out the fluid simulation.

One thing I am currently worried about, however, is that I need to use canvas for this stuff, and canvas seems to be having performance issues when I up the scale (not even upping the number of objects). We'll have to see what happens, and see if I can't make it work anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment