Monday, September 16, 2013

Progress for Monday: Sept 16

Spent the weekend writing down interaction words (such as push, pull, kick, grab, ect.) and words that were actions that created change (Destroy, repair, crush, erode, build, so on...) and trying to think about how I could incorporate different types of physical interaction with my piece that could have a meaningful effect on the environment in my artwork.

Admittedly, I had a bit of a block, but I'm starting to piece together various ways I could make it work (such as a pressure pad that a viewer could step on near the first scene that could maybe crush some plants, causing some changes in flora, such as type, placement, size, or abundance, in the future scenes).

My goal is to have a range of consequences that range from minor/natural (for example: trampling of plants creating a natural path over time) to long term disaster/devastation (perhaps building a city in the distance that causes enough pollution that plants eventually just stop growing)

Obviously the exacts are still being figured out.

I've also started work on creating the primary scene for this artwork. More on that when it get's further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment