Monday, September 30, 2013

Research(And complete and utter lack of direction or ideas)

After quite a bit of thought, and research into climate, bees, and the state of the world's flora, I've come to a single conclusion: I have no idea where this project is going, nor where I should take it, or if I even should bother continuing in this direction as opposed to starting anew, or if I could even come up with another idea that would even be half as far fleshed out as my current line of work (that admittedly isn't even fleshed out at all.)

~I can't think of meaningful ways to tie the scenes together.
~I can't think of meaningful interactions with the piece, using traditional input devices(mouse + keyboard) or special input devices (touch screen, pressure pad, ect.)
~I can't think of a backstory or concept or anything that would make this piece anything more than a complicated flashy toy
~And honestly, the more I try to figure it out, the more I try to think about what I can do, the more I start to freak out, and the more my thoughts become a constant stream of "I don't know what to do I don't know what to do I don't know what to do..."
~And beyond that, stepping back and trying to take my mind off it doesn't help, because it either stays in the back of my head and freaks me out because I'm not actively thinking about it/working on it, or leaves my mind completely, and the freaking out due to not working on it all hits at one time once I remember about it/try to work on it again.

As such, I have signed up for Heather's office time tomorrow at 9 a.m. Also hoping that because I've signed up for the office time, and because I've put up this post that's basically a cry for help, maybe some idea will just come to me, though I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment